Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Changes!

Since it's been about 3 months since I last posted, changes have been happening all over the place!

Little David continues to grow, grow, grow! He's gotten 2 back molars in on top and has a few more coming in on the sides of his mouth. It really explains his personality recently. Poor little guy. I really wish teething wasn't such a painful experience! I even mentioned to David that I thought babies should be born with all their teeth, even if they would look weird. He said, "Well, that would make nursing really horrible." "BUT, I told him, "If they had teeth, they wouldn't need to nurse!" I'm for it! hee hee!

David is super swamped with work. He's working about 70 hour weeks. I really never see him. I always quote Saturday's Warrior when he happens to be home: "Even when he's here he's not here!" He's always on the computer doing his work stuff or he's always gone doing his work stuff. It's been hard for me, but I know that he's only doing it for us. He really is a hard worker and I truly appreciate the fact that he will do whatever he needs to do to support us. I really lucked out in marrying him.

As for me, I keep busy trying to keep up with little David and run a home. I recently started cooking again-real cooking, which I wasn't able to do for awhile since it made me so sick, so I know David is happy about that.

We're moving again in August, so I'm going through all of our things again, getting rid of more stuff. This is a positive thing about moving. I LOVE de-cluttering! But, I really need to be in the mood for it in order to be successful. Otherwise, I find myself putting things in the "keep" box that I know I really don't want or won't use, always thinking: Just in case!

The other day, I was busy doing dishes and cleaning up the house when I noticed that little David was being a little too quiet for my liking. I turned to see what he was doing and this is what I found:

He LOVES books-just like his parents. This is not something new. He will usually go and find a book to read and keep himself busy. I will usually take the extra 2 minutes to stop whatever I'm doing to read to him, unless there is something that I really want to finish before getting interrupted again. I love these special moments-moments where I'm reminded of what being a parent truly means and how lucky I am to be one. It's moments like these that make up for all those "wish we could move on from this" moments that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment